Our group is seeking for motivated students to join our team as Bachelor student!
We are a young team launching a novel laboratory at the Physics Department.
You will be involved in daily lab work as well as data analysis, and may even join a synchrotron beamtime.
What you will learn in our group:
- the „art“ of materials design by molecular beam epitaxy (MBE)
- all about functional and quantum oxide materials
- direct probes of electronic states by different types of photoelectron emission spectroscopy (PES)
- atomic-scale surface characterization techniques
- state-of-the-art ultrahigh vacuum technology
- … and the chance to join a beamtime at a european synchrotron facility
- Set up of a new state-of the art ultrahigh vacuum MBE system, running first test experiments (supervision by PhD students)
- Data analysis of brand-new spectroscopy synchrotron data on ferroelectric HfO2 capacitors (supervision by a PhD student and a senior scientist) —> Part of our European Project 3eFERRO
- Set up of a deposition chamber for preparing nanoscale electrical transport experiments (working together with PhD students)
Please contact Prof. Dr. Martina Müller for further information.